This is my G-ma’s recipe for waffles; it is by far the best I’ve ever come across. Perfect for weekend breakfast, brunch or a sweet supper!
A fresh, light, baked treat for breakfast, brunch or dinner.
- 1-1/2 c flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 c milk
- 2 egg yolks *save egg whites; they will be used separately; beat until frothy.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- vanilla (as much or as little as you like)
- In a medium bowl, mix dry and wet ingredients together.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour batter onto lightly greased waffle iron until browned to your preference.
- Top with maple syrup, fresh berries & whipped cream, bananas foster or anything you’d like!!
This recipe makes approximately four large waffles; recipe may need to be doubled for a family.